Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jordy van Eijk 7 posts 51 karma points
    Aug 14, 2014 @ 01:14
    Jordy van Eijk

[Tutorial] Howto create a custom section from start with views

Hi all,

After a long time searching for a good howto create a custom section with views i came up with the following.

It is still a work in progress and i will try to explain it using other tutorials that i have found on the internet.

First of all lets start with creating a custom section.

For this i used the first part of the tutorial Markus Johansson (Newsletter studio) wrote:

Creating custom sections in umbraco 7 - Part 1 After that he wrote a tutorial on creating the views for the newly create tree. While i was following that tutorial i got stuck numerous times and was lost. After searching for more on the topic of how to extend the backend and especially the part where the Views came in place i found the following site with tutorials about umbraco7 especially about AngularJS

Creating a custom tree with an editor and dialog this tutorial explains a lot of things about the View path conventions in umbraco backend.

After following these two tutorials about Umbraco 7 I managed to get it to work.

Some usefull tips from my side after reading these tutorials:

• take a look in the folder umbraco/views/content and umbraco/views/common. Here you will find the views that umbraco backend is using. So you can see how to make nice views and make your own views look like the umbraco ones.
    • take a look in the following folder to get a hang of how umbraco creates his controllers: umbraco\Js\umbraco.controllers.js

I hope this will help a lot of people on the right track on creating their custom sections and views. If i have some spare time in the upcomming month i will take a look to see if i can write a complete tutorial on this with some better copy paste actions of the above websites. And try to create a Contact form from scratch with views and saving to the database using PetaPoco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft